Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2 November 2010

Thankful Tuesday... Several of my blog friends are posting a comment each day about something they're thankful for. So I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and ride along. And since it's the second day of November, here are # 1 and # 2:

1) Christian parents- We don't get a "vote" in who our parents will be, but I'm glad that we don't. God picked out the perfect parents for me. I am the youngest of 4 children and I was a surprise baby but God knew what he was doing when he matched us together. I grew up in church 9 months before I was born and wasn't given a choice of whether I wanted to go or not. I went regardless. I can't say I was always happy with church, i.e. when my dad had those looong meetings several nights a week. I am a better pastor's wife today because of my upbringing.
2)For being a pastor's wife- I know God has a sense of humor here because I used to think that being a pastor's wife was glamorous!! A little less glamorous from the inside out but it has been a great journey. I also enjoy the parish nurse role because it gives the congregation the freedom to ask questions that they might not ask the doctor.
Tune in tomorrow for my # 3 thing(not in order of importance) that I am thankful for!! Night ya'll, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Iva, South Carolina, United States
I am a pastor's wife, a mom, and a nurse. I love being a nurse, I can't imagine being anything else!!