Saturday, December 18, 2010

18 December 2010 Sarge Is Back !!!!!

We lovingly call my mom sarge. We have had a three year reprieve from "Sarge". But all good things come to an end. Sarge is back. I accidentally called her on the cell phone yesterday and here is the gist of the conversation.

Me: Sorry mom. I dialed you. I am in the eye doctor's office. We may come by afterwards. Do you know what day we're getting together for Christmas?

Mom: No but I should know tomorrow.

Me: Well, Cheryl and I need to know so that we can get the food and have it ready.

Mom: Well, I've already cooked the cornbread this morning.

Me: That's all that you need to fix. We'll get the rest.

Mom: Well, you know I have that turkey breast.

Me: I'm getting the ham and the rest of the food.

Mom: Your daddy and I are going to the grocery store soon and I'M buying the ham.

Me: Mama, now you need to take it easy and don't overdo and go backwards.

Mom: You don't know nothing, I haven't been turned up yet. (She's referring to her pacemaker being turned on for activity).

Me: (Thinking to myself) Why can't parents just mind their kids ?)

Sarge is DEFINITELY back!!!! But I love her and I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Iva, South Carolina, United States
I am a pastor's wife, a mom, and a nurse. I love being a nurse, I can't imagine being anything else!!