Thursday, January 21, 2010

Visiting Partners

Some of you may know that my husband is a pastor. Today, we went visiting. We haven't done that in a while. I have forgotten how much fun that it is. You go to see someone with the suposition that you are ministering to them and you are the one that ends up being ministered to. We have such sweet people at Poplar Spring and we enjoyed visiting with three of them today. First was Sandra Lollis and her mother, Mrs. Simpson. Mrs. Simpson had taken a muscle relaxer for her tight muscles in her neck and she was, what's the saying, out like a light. We had a great visit with Sandra and her daughter, Stacy. Then we went to check on Joe and Margaret Furguile. Margaret has been sick forever with a terrible cough and almost pneumonia. If it's not Mrs. Margaret, you have missed a good chance. That cough is still deep and she's on her second round of antibiotics. Please pray for these two ladies when you have your quiet time.
And last, please pray for Haiti as the aftershocks that have been strong too. Haiti has a special place in my heart as it was the destination of my first mission trip. We came into Port-au-Prince then took an 8 hour truck ride to San Michel. It sounds so glamourous but it was not. We in the US have much to be grateful for and we pass it by so quickly and just assume it will always be there. Please don't anymore!! I've been off a week so I'll get off of my soapbox now. Good night or good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Iva, South Carolina, United States
I am a pastor's wife, a mom, and a nurse. I love being a nurse, I can't imagine being anything else!!